Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pure





Description: Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome-especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom-so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, Pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do-and sacrifice-for her. 
 When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies-lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of Aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude...or killing her. When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone. -back of the book


Author: Jennifer L Armentrout

Release date: April 2, 2012
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Pages: 329
Source: My personal copy
Reading level: Young Adult

Teaser Sentence(s): 'How in the world did they just jump from politics, to a ball, and now to daimon attacks? And here I'd thought I had the attention span of an ant on Red Bull.'


My thoughts: I am going to keep this one short, so I do not get carried away and give any spoilers. I hate spoilers! 

 Once again, I am very pleased with Jennifer Armentrout. She has not disappointed me yet. This book was killer on my heart and love emotions. At some point in this book I turned team Seth and started sticking my tongue out at Aiden. I can't wait to see what Deity has in store for Alex, Aiden and Seth. I couldn't be anymore torn between this crazy forbidden love triangle. 
 I was thrilled the gods made a small appearance. They were lesser gods-called Furies, but I was happy with the small taste I got. And they were pretty kick-ass while they were there. I am keeping my fingers crossed for an appearance of a greater god in a future book. 
 My only complaint is, I wish there would have been more information on what the daimons where doing. There was no lacking on the daimon attacks and battles. I am sure they were carrying out their plans stated in Half-Blood, but I would have liked some confirmation. And my last thought I am going to share: Caleb. Just *sigh* Caleb. 
 I love this series and would highly recommend it. As soon as I finished the last page, I asked myself "Why didn't I order the next book in this series too?" 


Rating:






No comments:

Post a Comment