Tuesday, February 12, 2013

In the Band



Description: When family problems push Riley Middleton into giving up a percussion scholarship in another state and attending college from home, her friends push her to try out for a local rock band. Of course, Riley makes the band. She rules at the drums. Riley soon finds out rock bands have a different dynamic than marching bands, especially when each of her male band mates has a major ego and is a major player. Two of them relentlessly flirt with her. The other-a dark, sexy rock god she can't help being attracted to- is a total jerk and pushes her to quit. She becomes determined to ignore his rudeness and his hotness. Even if she was interested in jerks, a hook up would probably get her booted out of the ego-ridden band, and playing keeps her sane. Behind the drums, the world and her family's troubles evaporate. If she wants to stay in the band, Riley just has to ignore the growing sparks between her and her band enemy. But as she gets to know the man behind the stage persona, ignoring him proves to be more difficult than flowing through a time shift. -Amazon

Author: Jean Haus
Release date: October 18, 2012
Publisher: Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
Pages: 306
Source: My personal copy
Reading level: New Adult

Teaser Sentence: 'He places a hand on the side of the van next to my head and leans near my ear. "I'll play the fiddle for you."'


My thoughts: This book was really good. I love that Riley is a kick-ass chick drummer. She could be whinny and a push over at times, but she could also be strong and determined. Some of both those personality traits made her a pretty good protagonist. She loves her family, and works hard to get done what needs to be done. Romeo is absolutely my new book boyfriend of the moment. Hot, smart, and plays a lot of different instruments, I was hooked even when he was being a jerk. The only thing that really bothered me was the ending. The story was good. The romance was good. The characters were good. The ending was wrapped up in very few pages. I didn't feel like I got the closure I needed. Maybe I just wanted more Romeo. I really could not put this book down, so I am going to say it wasn't a bad ending after all. I just wasn't ready for it to be over. Definitely read this one if you if you find a copy of it!

Rating:




3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this one too! Loved how responsible Riley was and how she was willing to give up so much and Romeo (despite the name) was pretty frickin' awesome. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had this book for such a long time but never read it. But your review has made me want to read it. Oh and thank you for your kind words on my blog( http://nabooksvsboys.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool blog, now following you!!

    ReplyDelete