Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Iron Daughter



Description: Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey-ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her. Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart. -Amazon

Author: Julie Kagawa 
Release date: August 1, 2010
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 304
Source: My personal copy
Reading level: Young Adult - very mild language

Teaser Sentence:  'As we escaped SciCorp and fled into the streets, the last thing I remembered was watching the door close behind me on the stairs and seeing Ash's face through the window, a single tear frozen on his cheek.'


My thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. It was a fun, fast read for me. Ash and Ironhorse are my favorite characters. I love it when a book makes your heart flutter with emotion if even for a second, and I got that a couple times out of this book. The teaser sentence I posted was one of those moments. I do plan to continue this series. I am excited to see where Ash and Meghan end up.


Rating:


2 comments:

  1. Your blog is nice.Please join my blog too.Then I will join your blog.
    thank you
    KM

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds so good ^.^ Glad you liked it!

    Sarah @ Book-A-Holic

    ReplyDelete