Monday, January 21, 2013

2013 Liebster Blog Award

*NOTE* I will not be accepting anymore nominations for the Liebster Blog Awards.  I have been nominated 3 times-yay! and thank you-but I would like for everyone to try and find someone who has not been nominated at all for this award. Thank you so much! 



First off, I want to give thanks to those who nominated me: Thank you Sadrina at Books and their Wordly Realm. And thank you Diva BookNerd. And thank you Dabin at So Many Books So Little Time. Please click the links to visit their awesome blogs!

The Liebster Blog Award is given to blogs with less than 200 follows, hoping to get to know our fellow bloggers a little better. 

The rules for the award are as follows:


 1. Thank you Leibster Blog Award presenter and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you. 

 2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.

 3.  Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs with 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed, and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (no tag backs)

 4. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.



Here are the answers to the questions I was asked:


1. Living or dead, who would be your first choice to invite to an imaginary dinner party? 
    Albert Einstein
2. Top three items to take on a tropical holiday?
     Sunscreen, swim suit, mp3 player
3. Favourite book character?
this changes regularly, but right now it's Dank Walker from Existence
4. What are you afraid of?
    Crickets
5. If you could change your given name, what would you change it to?
Star
6. Top THREE books that you read during 2012
Existence by Abbi  Glines
Opal by Jennifer Armentrout
City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
7. Favourite film of all time?
    Star Wars
8. Best piece of advice your mother ever gave you?
            Um, usually I give her advice
9. How many books did you read during 2012?
        96
10. Where would be your ultimate holiday location?
        Greece
11. FIVE words to describe your personality? 
            Silly, Crazy, fun, eccentric, weird


1. What other languages can you speak besides English?
Nothing fluent
2. Can you use Photoshop / Gimp?
nope, but my husband can :)
3. What are your pet peeves?
Chewing of any kind
4. What's your favorite color combinations?
Blue/black
5. What was your first pet's name?
Baby-a grey male cat
6. On which are you the most active: Facebook or Twitter?
Personal: Facebook   Blog: Twitter
7. On average, how long do you take to finish a book?
if it's short I may finish 2 in a day. If it's long maybe 2 or 3 days
8.  How many books do you aim to read this year?
150 is my target goal.
9. How do you decide your next read?
I let my husband randomly choose for me if I am undecided.
10. Do you prefer reading at night or day?
night
11. What are the top 3 books that you love from last year?
Existence by Abbi  Glines
Opal by Jennifer Armentrout
City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare




11 Random Facts about me:
                                           


1. I am very short
2.  I love anything to do with Astrophysics
3.  My hair is not naturally black
4. I love YA novels even though I feel too old for them
5. I am a Star Wars nerd
6.  I have been married for 7 years
7. I hate wearing shirts with sleeves, I mostly wear tank tops
8. I am a cat person
9. I love to read in the dark
10.  I am new to blogging
11.  sometimes I prefer audio-books to music



My questions for my nominees:

1. What's your all time favorite book?
2.  What's your favorite band?
3. Chocolate or Vanilla?
4. How long have you been blogging?
5.  Favorite genre to read?
6. Do you play video games?
7. Do you have reading goals for 2013?
8. Is there are book on your TBR list that you can't wait to read?
9.  What other languages, besides English, can you speak?
10.  Is this glass half full or half empty?
11.  What's your favorite color?



And my 11 nominees are:
 I want to find people who have not been nominated yet for this award, so it may take me some time to get this part up. Every blog I looked at today had been nominated 2 or more times.

1 comment: