Sunday, April 21, 2013

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3)

Clockwork Princess
(The Infernal Devices #3)
Cassandra Clare

Release Date:
March 19, 2013

Publisher:
Simon & Schuster

Pages:
568

Source: 
My Personal Copy

Reading Level:
Young Adult



Description:
THE INFERNAL DEVICES WILL NEVER STOP COMING
Tessa Gray should be happy-aren't all brides happy? Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows beings to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London institute. A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan.
He needs Tessa.
Charlotte Branwell, head of the Institute, is desperate to find Mortmain before he strikes. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her. For though Tessa and Jem are engaged, Will is still in love with her.
The last words of a dying Shadowhunter provide the clue that might lead Tessa and her friends to Mortmain. But their small group cannot stand alone, and the powerful Consul doubts that Mortmain is coming. Deserted by allies, the Shadowhunters find themselves trapped when Mortmain seizes the medicine that keeps Jem alive. With his best friend at death's door, Will must risk everything to save the girl they both love.
To buy Will time, the warlock Magnus Bane joins with Henry Brandwell to create a device that could help defeat Mortmain. As they all work to save Tessa and the future of the Shadowhunters that resides with her, Tessa realizes that the only person who can save her is herself-for in the discovery of her own true nature, Tessa could become more powerful than she ever dreamed possible. But can a lone girl, even one who can command the power of angels, face down an entire army?
Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment, and the tangled threads of love and loss intertwine as the Shadowhunters are pushed to the very brink of destruction in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy. ~book blurb

Teaser Sentence(s):
'Every meeting led to a parting, and so it would, as long as life was mortal. In every meeting there was some of the sorrow of parting, but in every parting there was some of the joy of meeting as well.'

My Thoughts:

It's been a couple weeks since I finished reading Clockwork Princess, and it's still getting to me. I opened the book to check the number of pages, and seriously, my eyes start watering!
Cassandra Clare managed to conclude this series flawlessly. Everything came together smoothly in the end. I never would have guessed the love triangle between Tessa, Jem and Will would have worked out the way it did. I grew really close to these characters throughout this series, and it really is sad to have to let go of them all. In the end, I have never been more happy for a fictional character than I was for Tessa. She got everything she deserved; love, happiness, and answers to secrets long kept. 
If you haven't read The Infernal Devices or Mortal Instruments, I suggest you do so, and make yourself familiar with the world of the Shadowhunters!



Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Great Review! I felt the exact same way. I just finished on Friday and I still feel the emotion creeping in. I had to start another book right away just to get it out of my mind. I was so happy with the ending too. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was concluded perfectly too! Glad you loved it :)

    ReplyDelete