Thursday, November 20, 2014

Anomaly (Schrodinger's Consortium #1)

Anomaly
(Schrodinger's Consortium #1)
Tonya Kuper

Release Date:
November 25, 2014

Publisher:
Entangled Teen

Pages:
400

Source:
eARC

Reading Level:
Young Adult


Description:
Reality is only an illusion.

Except for those who can control it...

Worst. Birthday. Ever.

My first boyfriend dumped me-happy birthday, Josie!-my dad is who knows where, I have some weird virus that makes me want to hurl, and now my ex is licking another girl's tonsils. Oh, and I'm officially the same as my brother was when he died. Yeah, today is about as fun-filled as the swamps of Dagobah. But then weird things start happening...

Like I make something materialize just by thinking about it.

When hottily-hot badass Reid Wentworth shows up on a motorcycle, everything changes. Like, everything. Who I am. My Family. What really happened to my brother. Existence. I am Oculi, and I have the ability to change reality with my thoughts. Now Reid, in all his hotness, is charged with guiding and protecting me as I begin learning how to bend reality. And he's the only thing standing between me and the secret organization that wants me dead...


Teaser Sentence:
'I flicked on my light, shut the door, and my Benedict Khan and Benedict Sherlock posters welcomed me home.'

My Thoughts:
Anomaly is real-life science meets science-fiction with lots of betrayal and secrets. It was most definitely a good read. 

As a fellow science nerd, I really appreciated the fact that the sci-fi parts of the story were based off real science. It made for a more believable fiction book, which is refreshing when you are always reading fantasy. I really liked Josie as the main character. I could related to her. And her love for science and Star Wars and everything else nerdy. 

Some parts of the story were a little slow. The betrayals and secrets spread throughout made me want to keep reading though. I also love stories that have multiple points of view. I know some people do not like the switch, but I enjoy getting to see the story from another angle. So, having some of the book from Reid's POV was a plus for me. 

I will absolutely be on the look out for the next installment of this series. I feel like Anomaly was a lot of world/character building, and that the next book will be even better.



No comments:

Post a Comment